Wednesday, October 21, 2009


Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning, Lord," and there are those who wake up in the morning and say, "Good Lord, it's morning."

I don’t know that I agree with this statement in its entirety. Some mornings I say, “Good morning, Lord.” I feel great, and I’m ready to attack the day with fervor and passion. Other days, I am beat down by the wear and tear of the daily grind. I feel worn and ineffective. These days I say, “Good Lord, it’s morning?!? Can’t I just sleep a little longer?” I often feel guilty about that, especially when I see quotes like these. I enjoy reading quotes, and welcome their words of wisdom and inspiration. However, I resent their need to make me feel inferior, or as if I’m doing something wrong. I work hard, as many women my age do. Occasionally, we’re going to get tired. The victory comes when we’re still looking to the Lord to get us through the day. So, on days when you say, “Good Lord, it’s morning,” focus on the fact that you turned to our Father for a little help and guidance, and don’t beat yourself up for it. Focus on Him and He’ll pull us through all of our trials and tribulations…and don’t be shocked if He teaches you a thing or two along the way. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I appreciate you stopping by! :)