Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What happened to our leaders?

I've decided why Edward Cullen is so attractive to so many women. I think it's because he's always the one forcing Bella to do the right thing. He watches out for her moral center, her honor, her well being: emotionally, physically, mentally, etc. He weights out the pros and cons, and determines the best course of action. He doesn't act on raw emotion, but rather considers the consequences of his actions. That's the way it was meant to be. The man as the leader. I think we (women) innately want that. We want the man to be in control, to be able to trust him in the decisions he makes. He should be the one guiding us and protecting us. Edward protects Bella physically, but he also works to protect her honor, her feelings, all of her. We've lost this in our society. Women have become the ones who have to say no, stop, it's too far, too much...why? What has happened to the men? It isn't our job, yet we've been forced into that role. We're not effective here...We have a different role to fulfill, and we're taking on too much. I don't want a man I constantly have to say no to. I want him to say no. I want him to be in charge of what's wrong and what's right. I want to trust him with all of me. That's how it is meant to be.

2 comments:

  1. ...I know that this girl is one who is drawn to the fact that my "Edward" isn't afraid to take on the storm that is me when I am wanting to go the wrong way. It is what men were created to be...and while that can become distorted thru the view of the world and thru sin, it can also be a source of strength to be trusted and drawn upon by the "Bella" under his "spell". :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! :O)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I appreciate you stopping by! :)