Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rewards that don't involve food...

Well, 2 weeks down.

I lost another 3.7.  Inches moved around but still 10.5" lost.
                              Not what I was hoping for...but it's a loss.

As for my goals, I completed 3/4.  I didn't go to a class on Friday, but I was home sick. I think I get a pass on that one.

This week we are supposed to set up a reward system for our goals.  They are not to be negative or punitive for not completing them.  They are to occur as close to the new behavior as possible, so they need to be inexpensive and plentiful.  I'm having some difficulty coming up with the short term rewards.  I have some of the long term in mind, but what am I gonna do every time I drink water, or workout??? I'm also wondering if I should give up the marble jar that shows me how much weight I've lost and change it to some sort of reward system.  They really don't want us to focus on the # on the scale as our motivation.  They want us to learn new behaviors that will last once we've lost the weight.

So...I've got my reward for completing the program, and for intervals throughout, but anyone have ideas for the day to day? Several times a day???  I used to reward myself with eating out and a beverage or several...ideas appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I appreciate you stopping by! :)