Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weightloss Journey: Week 1

I finished week 1 of my weight loss journey on Optifast. I had a pretty good week.  I was supposed to go to a baby shower 4 days in, and I decided not to go.  I became a bit depressed thinking that I'd forever have to miss social events because I can't trust myself around food.  Thankfully, I was more upset about missing out on time with my friends than missing out on amazing Greek food, but I'd be lying if I said that didn't have a small part to play in my mood.  I comforted myself in knowing this plan is 16 weeks (if I only do one round); it's not forever.  I'll be able to eat real food again.  But, what will that be like?  How do people of a healthy weight eat every day? What do they do when they splurge? How often do they splurge? I really don't know the answers to any of these questions.   I'm ready to learn and I'm ready to change.  I need to change.  Why does food make me happy?  Why does lack of food make me sad?  These are questions I need to answer if I'm ever going to have a healthy relationship with food.  I had a rough day with hunger one day this week, but otherwise I didn't feel hungry.  Satisfied however, was a totally different story.  I wanted Parmesan Cheez-its more than I wanted air!  It was bad.  I still want them. I am not quitting though, I'm not letting this beat me this time.  I will do this.  I will be healthy.  I will feel good about myself again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I appreciate you stopping by! :)